Occupational Health and Safety Assessment System (OHSAS) have been developed in response to customer demand for a recognizable occupational health and safety management system standard, against which their management system can be assessed and certified. The OHSAS 18001:2007, Occupational Health and Safety Management Systems - Requirements was initially published in year 1999 and then it was revised in 2007. All types of industries can implement this standard. This standard can be implemented by the industry, who wishes to;
1. Establish, implement, maintain and improve an Occupational Health and Safety Management System,
2. Assure itself of conformity with its stated Occupational Health & Safety policy,
3. Demonstrate conformity with OHSAS 18001:2007
In order to achieve OHSAS 18001:2007 Certification, organizations can take help from an OHSAS 18001:2007 Consultant who has rich experience in the field of implementation of this standard.
The OHSAS 18001:2007 Certification process and time required varies with the type and size of the organization. OHSAS 18001:2007 certificate is issued by certifying body, which is accredited to provide certificate under the OHSAS 18001:2007. The OHSAS 18001 certificate is issued for a period of three years after successful completion of pre-assessment and registration (Final) assessment. The OHSAS 18001 certificate is valid till three years from the date of issue. Surveillance audits are conducted by the Certifying body within the period of three years at the interval of six months, nine months or 12 months depending upon the nature and size of the organization. Upon completion of three years, renewal audit is done for new three-year cycle
Punyam.com is having vast industrial experience in the implementation of occupational health and safety system and OHSAS 18001 Certification Consultancy in India for all types of industries, such as chemicals, pharmaceuticals, engineering, etc. Our OHSAS 18001 Consultant has helped to develop the Occupational, Health & Safety management system for many national and international customers in following manner:
1 .Micro-level survey for each and every activity of the organization and preparation of detail Gap analysis report,
2. Preparation of applicable documents required by OHSAS 18001:2007 based on detailed study of all activities of the organizations
3. OHSAS 18001 training for system awareness to all levels of employees within the organization,
4. Help in effective implementation of system by periodic visit till certification,
5. Conduct internal audit to check readiness for the OHSAS 18001 certification,
6. Conduct management review meeting in presence of Top Management,
7. Conduct mock-drill, etc.,
8. On-site audit by certifying body,
9. Final OHSAS 18001 certification audit by certifying body.