ISO 39001 sets the requirements for the implementation of a Road Traffic Safety Management System which ensures high quality and efficiency in road traffic management. Road Traffic Safety Management Systems were designed to reduce deaths and serious injuries associated with road traffic accidents.This standard enables organizations that work with road traffic systems to reduce serious injuries and death caused by road traffic accidents. The ISO 39001 international standard is comprised with requirements that assist organizations to establish and implement suitable RTS policies, objectives and strategies. Professionals, who work with road traffic safety, can become ISO 39001 certified and help their organizations to achieve these goals and objectives. They can serve as a stepping stone for their businesses to offer qualitative services, which will lead to better job opportunities and consequently increase their opportunity for higher earnings.
In addition, the numbers for injuries related to road traffic accidents are alarming. According to the World Health Organization (WHO), such injuries are the eighth leading cause of death globally. In 2013, the number of road traffic deaths registered at Approx. 1.24 million worldwide. These staggering statistics are making road traffic safety increasingly important from year to year. BS ISO 39001 does more than save lives and reduce accidents it reassures stakeholders that you take corporate responsibility seriously, bring about a consistent approach to road traffic safety and provide you with a competitive edge.
The key concepts of ISO 39001:2018;
1. An improvement of operating processes and the establishment of efficient operating principles.
2. Demonstrate to stakeholders that you take these targets seriously.
3. Increase the efficiency of Road Traffic Safety Management Systems (RTSMS).
4. The establishment and maintenance of an effective system to ensure compliance with its policy and objectives within the organization.
5. The opportunity to cut costs, thanks to the improved efficiency of your RTSMS.
6. Establish an implementation team to get the best results.
7. Helps in identifying significant hazards and risk involved.
8. Helps to protect the employees and working environment.
9. Get commitment and support from senior management.
10. Meet organizational safety and social responsibility targets..
11. Engage the whole business with good internal communication..
12. Compare existing road traffic safety management practices with ISO 39001 requirements..
13. Get staff and supplier feedback on current road traffic safety management.
14. Determine roles, responsibilities and timescales..
15. Adapt the requirements of the ISO 39001 standard to your business..
16. Get staff involved with training and incentives..
Punyam.com ‐ Global Manager Group, an ISO 39001:2018 CERTIFICATION Consultancy Company is having vast experience in the implementation of ISO 39001:2018 CERTIFICATION in Your organization. The stages of consultancy are followed as under for the ISO 39001:2018 Certification of the client, who has taken our ISO 39001:2018 consultancy services. The stages followed as are as under:
1 .Micro‐level survey for each and every department of the organization against the specific requirements of ISO 39001.
2. Preparation of applicable documents required by ISO 39001based on detail study of all activities of all departments of companies, including Driver Policy, RTS performance Factor, Emergency Preparedness Response,Safety Check List, Identify safetyrisks etc. for each of the activities performed by organization with the focusing on Road Traffic Safety Management System.
3. Training to all levels of employees for ISO 39001:2018 and RTS Performances Factor.
4. Share ISO 39001 knowledge and encourage staff to train as internal auditors.
5. Helps in effective implementation of system by periodic visit till assessment by Certifying body,
6. Conduct internal audit to check readiness for the ISO 39001 Certification.
7. Conduct management review meeting in presence of Top Management to guide the Company for effective implementation.
8. Help during periodic assessment by Certifying body.
9. Help in closing of non-conformities issued during the assessment.