ISO 41001:2018 is the world's first Facility Management Standard, developed and published globally by the International Organizational Standards (ISO). The standard was released in April 2018, with an intention to improve the level of effectiveness and efficiency in the delivery of facility management services. The standard focuses on building, implementing, maintaining and improvising an integrated facility management system in organizations so that business operations can be carried out effortlessly.
It is designed to help procurement and facilities teams by providing a benchmark to measure the competency and efficiencies of facilities management systems including the consistency and capability of the services used.A facility management system is designed to help organizations integrate people, locations, processes and procedures in order to drive the improvement of stakeholders quality of life whilst keeping in mind company objectives of achieving continual business improvement.ISO 41001:2018 was developed for organizations that incorporate or run facilities management systems which have the option of introducing compliance with the new standard into their business.
1 .Reducing operational cost for our client’s assets.
2. Improved service consistency, productivity & output.
3. Improved health, safety, well-being of employees through provision of Physical security, Environmental management and Occupational health and Safety.
4. Improved efficiency and effectiveness, thus improving cost benefits to organizations.
5. High service availability and execution of business continuity (readiness to respond and minimize crisis situations).
6. Drive value across your facilities
7. Establish an implementation team to get the best results
8. Motivate staff involvement with training and incentives.
9. Share ISO 41001 knowledge and encourage staff to train as internal auditors
10. Engage the whole business with good internal communication
11. Improved workforce productivity, safety and health and well-being.
12. Providing a common platform for all types of organizations.
13. Align facilities operations with information management, cost controls, and investment and budgeting strategies.
14. Improved efficiency and effectiveness, thus, improving cost benefits to organizations.
15. The standard aims to be sustainable in a globally-competitive environment.
16. Reduce Downtime of Facility Function and Extend useful Life of Physical Facilities.