BS 10012 - personal information management system requirements to achieve higher standards of performance and create greater value. British Standard 10012 is a standard enacted by the U.K. government in order to further the privacy of sensitive personal information held by British corporations.
BS 10012 is a British standard that outlines the specifications for a PIMS. The framework has been developed to help organizations comply with the data protection requirements imposed by laws such as the EU's GDPR.
The key concepts of BS 10012:2017;
1. Managing personal information
2. Increase stakeholder and customer trust that their personal data is protected
3. Protect against civil and criminal liability
4. Improved data privacy.
5. Includes a set of privacy-specific requirements, controls and control objectives
Punyam.com – Global Manager Group,a BS 10012 consultancy company is having vast experience in the implementation of BS 10012 CERTIFICATION in IT industries. The stages of consultancy are followed as under for the BS 10012 Certification of the client, who has taken our BS 10012 consultancy services. The stages followed as are as under:
1 .Micro–level survey for each and every department of the organization against the specific requirements of BS 10012.
2. Preparation of applicable documents required by BS 10012 based on detail study of all activities of all department of companies, including Privacy impact assessment, types of data, types of assets etc. for each of the activities performed by organization with the focusing on personal information management.
3. Training to all levels of employees for BS 10012 requirements,
4. Helps in effective implementation of system by periodic visit till assessment by Certifying body,
5. Conduct internal audit to check readiness for the BS 10012 Certification.
6. Conduct management review meeting in presence of Top Management to guide the Company for effective implementation.
7. Help during periodic assessment by Certifying body.
8. Help in closing of non-conformities issued during the assessment.