ISO/IEC 20000, the international standard for service management, is the first formal worldwide standard, specifically aimed at Information Technology Service Management industries. ISO/IEC 20000 is likely to become a basic business requirement, in the same way as ISO 9001.
A principal constraint of ISO 20000-1:2018 when implementing or assessing the conformance of an IT Service Management System (ITSMS) is the number of mandated processes; these are often worded such that they require auditor interpretation and agreement with the auditee.
The standard for IT service management system is designed by ISO for proving that an organization has implemented best practices and is using them consistently across the organization.
ISO 20000, which has two main parts both with the general title Information technology - Service management, enables IT service providers to identify how to enhance the quality of service they deliver to their customers, both internally and externally. Part 1 of the ISO/IEC 20000 standard lays out a specification for a service management system (SMS),while Part 2 provides guidance on SMS implementation.
ISO/IEC 20000 helps organizations benchmark how they deliver managed services, measure service levels and assess their performance.
The ISO 20000 Certification services are provided by Punyam.com, which is a leading ISO 20000 consultant in India. After an organization is successfully audited for implementation of ISO 20000 system, certifying body, which is accredited to provide certificate under the ISO 20000:2018, issues ISO 20000 certificate to the organization. After successful completion of pre-assessment and registration (final) assessment, this certificate is issued for 3 years. Surveillance audits are conducted by the certifying body within the period of 3 years at the interval of 6 months, 9 months or 12 months depending upon the nature and size of the organization. The ISO 20000 certification is preferred by an organization seeking services from service providers and requiring assurance that their service requirements will be fulfilled. An organization who achieves the ISO 20000:2018 certifications can provide consistent approach to all its service providers to monitor measures and review its service management processes and services.
To implement Information Technology Service Management System in organizations under ISO 20000-1:2018 certification, Punyam.com provides ISO 20000 certification consultancy in following steps:
1 .Micro-level survey of the existing system.
2. Prepare the documentation.
3. Conduct awareness program (top + middle + bottom level).
4. Form a steering committee and task-force for documentation.
5. Define policy and establish objectives.
6. Prepare documents of IT service management systems.
7. Implementation and training all personnel in the use of procedures and formats.
8. Training employees for risk evaluation, aspect and impact.
9. Train internal auditors.
10. Assess the system through first internal audit.
11. Take corrective actions for non-conformities.
12. Apply for certification.
13. Availpre-certification audit of certifying body.
14. Take actions on suggestions given by them.
15. Final audit by certifying body.
16. Take corrective actions on the non-conformities to the satisfaction of the certifying body.
17. Get certified for ISO 20000:2018.