GOTS Consultant at Punyam.com help organizations in textile manufacturing and processing industries and organizations in textile supply chain, including textile traders, to get GOTS Certification in a time and cost-effective way. Punyam’s team of GOTS consultants offers active support to organizations in the development and implementation of a GOTS Management System and GOTS Certification in accordance with the GOTS Certification requirements.
Having GOTS Certification means textile processors and manufacturers can export their fabrics and garments with organic certification that is accepted in all major markets. This transparency also gives consumers the power to choose truly organic products sourced from green supply chains. The Global Organic Textile Standard (GOTS) is the worldwide leading textile processing standard for organic fibres, including ecological and social criteria, backed up by independent third-party certification of the entire textile supply chain. GOTS certified final products may include fibre products, yarns, fabrics, clothes, home textiles, mattresses, personal hygiene products, as well as food contact textiles and more.GOTS certification covers the processing, manufacturing and trading of organic textiles. The certification of fibre production is on the basis of recognised international standards that are approved in the IFOAM Family of Standards. On-site inspection and certification of processors, manufacturers and traders is performed by independent Third-Party GOTS accredited Certification Bodies. A textile product carrying the GOTS label must contain a minimum of 70% certified organic fibres, a product with the label grade 'organic' must contain a minimum of 95% certified organic fibres.
GOTS Standard Version 7.0 was released on 7 March 2023, The implementation deadline for GOTS version 7.0 is 1 March 2024. Therefore, organizations who want to get certified to the new version or want to implement GOTS afresh can contact us for GOTS 7.0 Certification.
GOTS Consultant of Punyam.com provides GOTS Consultancy in following major steps:
1 .Micro level survey for each and every activity of the organization and preparation of detailed Gap Analysis report,
2. Preparation of applicable documents required by GOTS, based on the detailed study of all organizational activities,
3. GOTS consultant provides training to all levels of employees within the organization
4. Assistance in effective implementation of the system by periodic visit till GOTS certification
5. Conduct internal audit to check readiness for the GOTS certification
6. Conduct management review meeting in the presence of Top Management to guide the organization for effective implementation for all the issues pertaining to GOTS management system
7. Support in application to GOTS-accredited certification body, and support during assessment by certification body.