Calibration is an important aspect of maintaining the traceability of measurement. Calibration establishes the confidence in the use of equipment and ensure quality of products measured by calibrated equipment. Calibration needs with unbroken chain to establish the measurement traceability. It means the reference standard or master equipment used in the calibration of equipment under calibration must be calibrated from ISO/IEC 17025 accredited calibration laboratory and must be valid at the time of measurement / calibration, and this should be so on till the last equipment in the chain, which is maintained by National Physical Laboratory.
Calibration means matching the standard value of the instrument to the master (True) Instrument value. Calibration in measurement technology and metrology is the comparison of measurement values delivered by a device under test with those of a calibration standard of known accuracy.
Calibration is performed mainly in disciplines, as detailed out below;
The main reasons for calibration are to ensure the reliability of the instrument, that it can be trusted. To determine the accuracy of the instrument and to ensure the readings are consistent with other measurements. We provide full guidance to the present lab as well as potential lab for establishment of calibration lab set-up as per the steps given below;
The ISO 9001:2015 certification is done by recognized accredited certification body. ISO 9001 certification includes implementation of quality management system within the organization, ISO awareness as well as internal auditor training and documentation for QMS certification. An ISO 9001:2015 certificate is not a once-and-for-all award, but must be renewed at regular intervals recommended by the certification body, usually at intervals of around three years. The ISO 9001 certificate is issued for a period of three years after successful completion of pre-assessment and registration (final) assessment. Surveillance audits are conducted by the certification body within the period of three years at the intervals of six months, nine months or twelve months, depending on the nature and size of the organization.
Punyam.com – Global Manager Group, consultancy company is having vast experience in the Calibration Lab Setupin any of the calibration disciplines. In this case, the customer is contacting us and then giving us contract for the setup of calibration laboratory. The stages followed as are as under:
1 .Defining the scope of work in terms of facility to be developed for the calibration of which disciplines as well as type of equipment. In this stage, the detail discussion is done with the customer and list of equipment to be calibrated is prepared with the details of name, range, resolution / least count etc.
2. Identification of reference standards (master equipment for the calibration of equipment as per the list prepared in stage 1) with the details of specifications, range and resolution, if applicable with the name of manufacturer and submitting the list to customer for inviting quotation for the identified reference standard.
3. Identifying the list of personnel required with the details of their qualification, experience and other skill and submitting the same to customer to start the recruitment of the required personnel.
4. Preparation of lay-out for the calibration standard room based on available area and facility for the calibration to be developed. Submission of lab lay-out to customer for startup of establishing the facility,
5. Calculating the area of each of the laboratory sections as well as environment condition requirements during the calibration and based on that identification of capacity of air conditioners and their location inside the laboratory section.
6. Monitoring of facility developed by customer periodically and suggesting for changes, if any during the development stage.
7. Receipt of reference standards, verification of condition of reference standards, review of calibration certificates of reference standard with customer representative to make them familiar about the activities.
8. Set up of reference standard at the identification location in the calibration standard room and make them ready to use.
9. Preparation and submission of calibration methods, formats, templates for the work sheets to be used for recording of data during the calibration, templates for calibration certificates etc. to customer for their day to day implementation.
10. Providing training on calibration of each type of equipment as per the list by theoretical explanation followed by practical demonstration of calibration. Provide training either in our NABL accredited calibration laboratory or through our E learning course.
11. Witnessing the calibration performed by customer’s employees and concluding that the calibration personnel have achieved required competence in the calibration.
12. Final meeting with customer for their doubts related to practical calibration as well as recording the calibration data etc. providing tips for marketing and day to day operation of calibration laboratory. Also providing tips for the re-calibration of reference standard etc.
13. Clarifying the doubts raised by customer.