AS 9100 Certification Consultant for Quality Management System in Aerospace Industry
AS 9100 is the quality management standard specifically designed for the aerospace industry. It had long been considered by some entities, such as the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA), that the ISO 9000 series of standards were inadequate in terms of ensuring quality and safety in the “high risk” aerospace industry. AS 9000 was first published in August 1997 and was designed to meet the inputs from a number of large aerospace companies and was designed to comply with the requirements of ISO 9001:1994. Later, in 1999, the first revision of AS 9100 was published by The Society of Automotive Engineers (SAE International), with inputs from the American Aerospace Quality Group (AAQG) and support from the International Aerospace Quality Group (IAQG) and the Society of British Aerospace Companies (SBAC).
The current version of AS 9100 standard is designed with the specific requirements of ISO 9001:2015, with extra requirements regarding Regulatory Compliance with following requirements:
- Configuration management
- Design phase, design verification, validation and testing processes
- Verification of purchased product
- Product identification throughout the product’s life-cycle
- Product documentation
- Control of production process changes
- Inspection and testing procedures
- Methods, resources and recording
- Corrective action
- Expansion of the internal audit requirements in ISO 9001:2015
- First article inspection
- Review of disposition of non–conforming product
As a result, ISO 9001:2015 is totally encompassed within AS 9100 with these additional requirements applied specifically addressing aviation safety concerns. It is also the only standard which considers the role of the Regulatory Authorities and so many of the ‘add–ins’ are directly traceable to FAA Regulations.
However, it must be remembered that AS 9100 remains complementary to contractual and applicable law and regulations. Any business implementing an AS 9100 compliant quality system must ensure the additional requirements of their customers, regulatory agencies (FAA, JAA, etc) and local, state and national laws are referenced within the systems documentation.
This AS9100 standard can be implemented by the Aerospace industry, who wishes to:
- Establish, implement, maintain and improve an Quality management system's – Requirements,
- Assure itself of conformity with its stated customer and regulatory requirements,
- Demonstrate conformity with AS 9100 by
- Implementation of a Quality Management System with several enhancements
- Risk Management approach to product development and product realization
- Validation of processes
- Compliance with statutory and regulatory requirements
- Effective product traceability and recall systems.
AS 9100 Certification
Punyam.com is a leading consultant of AS 9100 certification in India. The AS9100 certification can be achieved with the help of our expert quality management system consultants, from any straighten certifying body. The AS9100 certificate is issued by certifying body, which is accredited to provide certificate under the AS 9100. The certificate is issued for the period of 3 years after successful completion of pre-assessment and registration (final) assessment. The certificate is valid till 3 years from the date of issue. Surveillance audits are conducted by the certifying body within the period of 3 years at the interval of 9 months or 12 months, depending on the nature and size of the organization. On completion of 3 years, renewal audit is done for another 3- year cycle.
Steps of AS 9100 Certification Consultancy
Punyam.com, a leading ISO 9001 and AS 9100 certification consultancy in India, is having vast industrial experience in the implementation of AS 9100 for aerospace parts manufacturing industries. Punyam develops the system for its customers in the following manners:
- Micro–level survey for each and every activity of the organization and preparation of detailed Gap Analysis report,
- Preparation of applicable documents required by AS 9100, based on detail study of all activities of the Organizations, such as;
- Quality Manual,
- Quality Procedures (mandatory procedures required by the standard),
- Identification of applicable and defined regulatory requirements and ensure compliance with the regulatory requirements,
- Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) to control identified activities having risk potential,
- Formats to establish the objective evidence of implementation and to ensure control over all the activities.
- Training to all levels of employees within the organization,
- Help in effective implementation of system by periodic visit till certification,
- Conduct internal audit to check readiness for the certification.
- Conduct management review meeting in presence of Top Management to guide the Organization for effective implementation on all the issues related to Quality management systems.
- Help in closing the findings of the certifying body
Benefits of AS 9100 System
- Customer satisfaction – through delivery of products that consistently meet customer requirements, as well as quality, safety and legal requirements.
- Reduced operating costs – through continual improvement of processes and resulting operational efficiencies.
- Improved stakeholder relationships – including staff, customers and suppliers.
- Legal compliance – by understanding how statutory and regulatory requirements impact the organization and its customers.
- Improved risk management – through greater consistency and traceability of products and use of risk management techniques.
- Proven business credentials – through independent verification against recognized standards.
- AS 9100 certified customer has better image in the market than their other competitors.
Technical Requirements of AS 9100
Company has to identify the following technical requirements of AS 9100 during implementation:
- Nominate one person as Management Representative for establishing, implementation and monitoring of effective implementation of the Quality management systems – Requirements,
- Control and monitoring requirements such as, follow–up of applicable regulatory requirements like Society of Automotive Engineers (SAE International) with input from the American Aerospace Quality Group (AAQG) and support from the International Aerospace Quality Group (IAQG) and the Society of British Aerospace Companies (SBAC)
- Identification of operating parameters during manufacturing of the product to ensure its quality as well as compliance with the regulatory requirements.