ISO 22000 FSMS Certification Consultant - Punyam Management
What is ISO 22000 Food Safety Management System?
ISO 22000 Food Safety Management System is a process control system designed to identify, evaluate and control the food safety hazards like Physical , chemical microbiological and Quality and other hazards in food production and entire food chain. HACCP includes steps designed to prevent problems before they occur and to correct deviations through a systematic way as soon as they are detected. Such preventive control systems with documentation and verification are widely recognized by scientific authorities and international organizations as the most effective approach available for producing safe food.
ISO 22000 enables the producers, processors, distributors, exporters, etc, of food products to utilize technical resources efficiently and in a cost effective manner in assuring food safety.
The ISO 22000:2005 standard outlines Food Safety Management System Requirements for any organization in the food chain, and is one of a family of standards focused at the development, implementation and improvement of a food safety management system.
Benefits of ISO 22000 Standard
Following are the key benefits of the ISO 22000:2005 standard and food safety management system implemented in any organization.
- A preventative approach to food safety
- Enhances customer satisfaction / reduces dissatisfaction
- Conformance to Legal and Regulatory Requirements
- Increase Organisational Credibility & Reputation
- Hazard analysis to evaluate threats to food safety.
- It helps to identify process improvements & reduced customer complaints
- Reduces the need for and the cost of end product testing
- Improves internal and external communications
- Facilitates better understanding of food packaging safety issues throughout the organization
- Increase in profitability of the company.
ISO 22000 Certification for Food Organization in India
ISO 22000 Certificate is issued by Certifying body, which is accredited to provide certificate under the ISO 22000:2005. The iso 22000 certificate is issued for the period of 3 years after successful completion of pre–assessment and registration (Final) assessment. Surveillance audits are conducted by the Certifying body within the period of 3 years at the interval of 6 Months, 9 Months or 12 Months depending upon the nature and size of the Organization. Upon completion of 3 years, renewal audit is done for new 3 years cycle.
A Punyam Management Service is a leading ISO 22000 certification consultancy in India. Punyam offers ISO 22000 certification services which includes implementation of food safety management system
Steps for ISO 22000 Consultancy – Punyam Management
Following are the steps of ISO 22000 consultancy follow by Punyam Management to implement food safety management system and ISO 22000 certification.
- Initial gap analysis and survey of the existing system
- Conduct awareness program for all the employees on Quality and food safety management system
- Form a steering committee and task force for documentation
- Identify food safety team and carry out hazard analysis and prepare haccp plan
- Define policy and establish food safety objectives
- Prepare iso 22000 documents of Food safety management system
- Implementation & train all personnel in the use of procedures & formats
- Also give training to employee related to Food safety hazards identification evaluation and control and ccps monitoring
- Train internal auditors for ISO 22000 certification
- Assess the system through first internal audit
- Carry out management review meeting
- Take corrective actions for non-conformities
- Apply for iso 22000 certification
- Assess the system through second round of internal audit
- Avail pre iso 22000 certification audit of certifying body( Optional)
- Take actions on suggestions given by them.
- Final audit by iso 22000 certifying body
- Take corrective actions on the non conformities and audit findings of the certifying body
- Get certified for ISO 22000:2005.
ISO 22000 Requirements
Following are the basic ISO 22000 requirements, the organization must follow while implementing of the food safety management system to achieve best results of continuous improvements from the food safety system.
- Having an overall Food Safety Policy for your organization, developed by top management.
- Setting objectives that will drive your company’s efforts to comply with this policy.
- Planning and designing a management system and documenting the system.
- Maintaining records of the performance of the system.
- Establishing a group of qualified individuals to make up a Food Safety Team.
- Defining communication procedures to ensure effective communication with important contacts outside the company (regulatory, customers, suppliers and others) and for effective internal communication.
- Having an emergency plan
- Holding management review meetings to evaluate the performance of the FSMS
- Providing adequate resources for the effective operation of the FSMS including appropriately trained and qualified personnel, sufficient infrastructure and appropriate work environment to ensure food safety
- Following HACCP principles
- Establishing a traceability system for identification of product.
- Establishing a corrective action system and control of nonconforming product
- Maintaining a documented procedure for handling withdrawal of product
- Controlling monitoring and measuring devices
- Establishing and maintaining and internal audit program
- Continually updating and improving the FSMS