ISO 17021 Certification Consultancy in India
ISO/IEC 17021 Conformity Assessment – requirements for the operation of various types of bodies performing certification have been developed in response to build confidence in the Certification bodies. Accreditation to certification bodies is a procedure by which an accreditation body gives formal recognition of technical competence for specific types of certifications such as ISO 9001 Quality Management System, ISO 14001 Environmental Management System, etc. based on third party assessment as per ISO/IEC 17021 standard. This International standard is drafted in accordance with the rules given in the Directives. ISO 17021 Accreditation is managed by Accreditation bodies (Authorized by ISO). On accreditation as per ISO 17021 standard, Certifying body, that gets global acceptance due to such mutual accreditation.
Benefits of ISO/IEC 17021 System
- Improved efficiency, productivity and effectiveness in the overall Certification operation.
- Improved level of motivation, co-operation, and quality awareness including competence.
- Increase of confidence in Certificate issued by Certification body and competence of its Auditors performing the audits for the certification of management system. Greater control of processes and activities throughout Certification bodies.
- Provide tips on analysis of data as well as perfect record keeping.
- Provide guidelines and better control for maintenance of records etc.
- Establish confidence of management and its customers on certificate and increase customer trust as well as market share.
- Better image of Certification bodies as a Quality certification bodies in Global market.
- Worldwide recognition and credibility.
- An ISO 17021 accredited certification body has a definite edge over competitors.
ISO/IEC 17021 Accreditation Certification
The ISO/IEC 17021 Certificate is issued by accreditation body, which is authorized to provide accreditation under the ISO/IEC 17021. The ISO 17021 certificate is issued for the specific period after successful completion of registration (Final) assessment. Surveillance audits are conducted by the Accreditation body after one year.
ISO/IEC 17021 is an accreditation, which is granted to the Certification bodies by approved accreditation body. It is an accreditation not certification like ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and other system certification.
Steps involved in ISO/IEC 17021 Consultancy Services
Punyam Management Services is having vast experience in ISO 17021 consultancy for the implementation and certification of ISO/IEC 17021 for all type of system certification like QMS, EMS, ISMS, FSMS, EnMS etc.
Punyam Management, an ISO 17021 consultancy in Ahmedabad India develops the system for its customers in the following manners:
- Micro-level survey for each and every management system of the Certification bodies and preparation of detail Gap analysis report,
- Preparation of applicable documents required by ISO/IEC 17021 based on detail study of all activities of the certifying bodies, such as;
- ISO 17021 Quality Manual,
- Quality Procedures for ISO/IEC 17021 accreditation (mandatory procedures required by the standard),
- Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for certification of various activities management system used in the certification,
- Formats to establish the objective evidence of implementation and to ensure control over all the management system,
- Preparation of Quality assurance plan for maintaining and assuring quality of services provided to its customer,
- ISO 17021 training to all levels of employees within the Certification bodies,
- Helps in effective implementation of system by periodic visit till accreditation,
- Conduct internal audit for ISO 17021 system to check readiness for the accreditation,
- Conduct management review meeting in presence of Top Management to guide the Certification bodies for effective implementation on all the issues related to inspection,
- Development of policies as required by the standard.
Technical Requirements of ISO/IEC 17021
Certification bodies have to identify the following technical requirements of ISO/IEC 17021 during implementation.
- Nominate one person as Management Representative for establishing, implementation and monitoring of effective implementation of the management systems requirements.
- Management system, its location of performance, field of certification, types of management system.