ISO 50001:2018 Certification Consultancy for Energy Management System
ISO 50001 is a standard for Energy Management System developed in 2011 and revised in 2018 to get continuous improvement of the organization, like that from other well-known standards ISO 9001 and ISO 14001. The ISO 50001:2018 standard makes organization to implement energy management system in the organization which complies with the energy policy and energy requirements. All the energy related issues can be sorted out using the ISO 50001:2018 system. The purpose of the ISO 50001:2018 standard is to enable any small or big size organizations to follow systematic approach in achieving continuous improvements of energy performance. Energy performance of the ISO 50001 system is measured with the energy efficiency, energy use and consumption. ISO 50001 is designed to use independently, but can be integrated with other systems like quality, environment, food safety, occupational health and safety management systems. ISO 50001:2018 can be applied to all variables affecting energy performance which can be monitored by organization.
ISO 50001:2018 Certification
Like other ISO management system standards, ISO 50001:2018 Certification is desired but it is not obligatory. ISO 50001 Certification is issued by certifying body, which is accredited to provide certificate under the ISO 50001:2018. The certificate is issued for the period of 3 years after successful completion of pre-assessment and registration (final) assessment. The certificate is valid till 3 years from the date of issue. Surveillance audits are conducted by the certifying body within the period of 3 years at the interval of 6 months, 9 months or 12 months, depending on the nature and size of the organization. On completion of 3 years, renewal audit is done for new 3 years' cycle.
Steps for ISO 50001 Certification Consultancy
Punyam.com is having vast industrial experience in the ISO 50001 consultancy for all types of industries, such as chemicals, pharmaceuticals, engineering, etc. For ISO 50001:2018 certification consultancy, Punyam.com has developed ISO 50001 energy management system in following manner:
- Micro–level survey for each and every activity of the organization and preparation of detailed Gap Analysis report,
- Preparation of applicable documents required by ISO 50001:2018 based on detailed study of all activities of the organizations, such as;
- Energy Management System Manual,
- Energy Management System Procedures (mandatory procedures required by the standard),
- Identification and preparation of Energy Use and Consumptions report of the Organizations,
- Identification of applicable acts, rules, etc. and preparation of Register of rules and regulations (ROR),
- Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) to control identified activities having issues related to energy,
- Formats to establish the objective evidence of implementation and to ensure control over all the activities.
- Energy Management System Awareness Training to all levels of employees within the Organization,
- Help in effective implementation of system by periodic visit till ISO 50001 certification,
- Training to employees related to energy saving and energy control
- Train internal auditors.
- Assess the system through first internal audit to check readiness for the ISO 50001 certification.
- Take corrective actions for non-conformities and carry out management review meeting
- Apply for ISO 50001:2018 certification.
- Conduct management review meeting in presence of Top Management to guide the organization for effective implementation of all the issues related to energy management system.
- Take corrective actions on the non-conformities to the satisfaction of the certifying body.
Benefits of ISO 50001:2018 System
By implementing Energy Management System as per ISO 50001:2018 standard, organizations can achieve following benefits from the system with continuous improvements:
- Works from large to small organizations across diverse commercial, industrial and public sectors
- Helps to achieve energy efficiency and compliance
- Improved cost savings(Decreases energy consumption)
- Coordinate energy programs (Energy Efficiency, Energy Production, Renewable Energy and Alternative Energy)
- Builds energy management into business practices
- Improves transparency and communication on the management of energy resources
- Improves operations and capital cost decisions
- Facilitates energy management best practices
- Improves the ability to benchmark, measure and report energy intensity improvements
- ISO 50001 standard helps in evaluating and prioritizing new energy-efficient technologies
- ISO 50001 framework for promoting energy efficiency throughout the supply chain.
Requirements of ISO 50001:2018 System
- Energy Policy - Develop a policy for more efficient use of energy,
- Fix targets and objectives to meet the policy,
- Operating controls and procedures for significant energy uses,
- Use data to better understand and make decisions about energy use,
- Understand the measurement and design of the equipment involved in energy consumption,
- Documentation and Reporting practicing for equipment, processes and systems that contribute to energy performance,
- Measure the results,
- Management Review - Review how well the policy works,
- Continuously improvement of energy efficiency, and
- Internal audit of progress reported to management based on these measurements.