ISO/IEC 17024 Certification in India for Conformity Assessment Personal
ISO/IEC 17024 Conformity assessment – General requirements for bodies operating certification of persons have been developed in response to build confidence in the bodies engaged in personal certification. Accreditation to bodies engaged in ISO/IEC 17024 personal certification is a procedure by which an authoritative body gives formal recognition of technical competence for specific activities conducted by the certifying body, based on third party assessment based on ISO/IEC 17024:2012 standard. This International Standard is drafted in accordance with the rules given in the ISO/IEC Directives, Part 2. ISO/IEC 17024 Accreditation is managed by IAF MRA (International Accreditation Forum Multilateral Recognition Arrangement. IAF is engaged upon development and updating of guidelines connected with accreditation activities. Such international arrangements facilitate acceptance of person between countries to which MRA partners represent. On accreditation of certification bodies by such recognized body the certificate of person gets global acceptance due to such mutual recognition. The standard was initially published in year 2003 and then it was revised in 2012. The standard has following principles;
- The overall purpose of ISO 17024 certification of persons is to recognize an individual's competence to perform a task or job.
- The ISO 17024 certification body has responsibility to ensure that onlye those persons who demonstrate competence are awareded certification.
- Certification of persons provides value through public confidence and trust. Public confidence relies on a valid assessment of competence, by a third party, reconfirmed at defined intervals.
- The certification body should act in a responsible manner so as to provide confidence to interested parties in its competence, impartiality, and integrity.
Benefits of ISO/IEC 17024 System
- Creates working force to allow business / industries within the country to bring new business in to country,
- Improves the quality of the workforce for industries within the country,
- Allows employers to know “what they are buying”
- Allows for mobility of workers within the country,
- Allows workers to work outside the country,
- Concrete pathway for workers to move higher in the job market within the country
- Improved efficiency, productivity and effectiveness in the overall Certifying bodies operation,
- Improved level of motivation, co–operation, workmanship and quality awareness including competence,
- Increase of confidence in personnel performing work. Greater control of processes and activities throughout Certifying bodies. Savings in terms of time and money.
- Worldwide recognition and credibility
- An ISO 17020:2012 accredited certified body has a definite edge over competitors.
ISO/IEC 17024:2012 Certification:
ISO/IEC 17024 Accreditation Certificate is issued by Accreditation body, which is authorized by IAF MRA to provide accreditation under the ISO/IEC 17024:2012. The ISO 17024 certification is issued for the period of 3 years after successful completion of pre–assessment and registration (Final) assessment. The ISO17024 certificate is valid till 3 years from the date of issue. Surveillance audits are conducted by the Accreditation body after one year. Upon completion of 3 years cycle, renewal assessment is conducted.
Steps for ISO/IEC 17024 Consultancy
Punyam Management Services is having experience in the ISO/IEC 17024:2012 consultancy for all types of certifying bodies, such as technical certification in the field of Mechanical, electrical, electro–technical as well as financial certifications etc.
ISO 17024 consultant in India develops the system for its customers in the following manners;
- Micro–level survey for each and every inspection parameter of the Certifying bodies and preparation of detail Gap analysis report,
- Preparation of applicable documents required by ISO/IEC 17024:2012 based on detail study of all activities of the Certifying bodies, such as;
- Training to all levels of employees for ISO/IEC 17024
- Helps in effective implementation of system by periodic visit till accreditation,
- Conduct internal audit to check readiness for the accreditation.
- Conduct management review meeting in presence of Top Management to guide the Certifying bodies for effective implementation on all the issues related to certification,
- Witnessing / demonstration of personal certification activities to build confidence among the employees etc.